Online Registration OPEN for Returning Families
Families who participated on the 2017 Armada team may register their kids for the upcoming 2018 summer swim season.
TO REGISTER: USE the link found in the email you received from Peter Mielcarek on Mon, Feb 26, 2018 titled "Wells Branch Aramada 2018 Summer Swim Season Registration."
REMEMBER: Please sign into your Swimtopia account PRIOR to registering so duplicate entries are not created. If you are having troubles registering please contact Peter Mielcarek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Armada Coach Application
If you are interested in being considered for the 2018 Wells Branch Armada Coaching Staff, please click the below link to complete and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.
Junior Coach Application
Are you interested in assisting the Armada coaches with the younger age kids? If so, and you are either 14 years old OR going into 9th grade (high school) in the fall of 2018, please apply to be a junior coach!
2018 Registration Key Points
- Online registration will open for returning Armada families on Friday, March 2nd at 12:01 a.m.
- Online registration will open for new families on Sunday, March 25th at 2:00 pm.
- There will be an in person registration on Sunday, March 25th from 2pm – 4pm at the WB MUD Recreation Center / 3000 Shoreline Drive / Room 103 / Austin, TX 78728
- First family swimmer cost is $150.00 and any additional family swimmer(s) are $125.00 each.
- Late registration and fees start Saturday, April 8. Cost for first family swimmer on this date and after will be $175.00 for first swimmer and any additional family swimmer(s) will be $150.00 each.
- Sample team swim suits will be available to try on for sizing at the in person registration on Sunday, March 25th. Suits may be paid for and ordered at that time. Armada does not require that you purchase the team suit.
- If you order a suit when you register online, please feel free to come and try the sample suits on during the in person registration to confirm the sizing and type. Changes can be made to the suit size and type during the in person registration if needed.
- Our team suits are custom designed and made for us by FINIS. The suits will be ordered March 26th and will take approximately 6-7 weeks to be made. Our target is that the suits will be ready for swimmers to wear for the Red White and Blue practice meet on Saturday, May 19th. Please note that if you purchase the team suit your swimmer will need another suit to wear when practices start May 1st.
- Need More Information? Contact via email Peter Mielcarek at email@example.com .
Fundraising: Please help us with fundraising by being aware of opportunities at work. Many companies have matching programs or reward employees for volunteer time. See below for more information.
Sponsors: Also, have a business you want to advertise? An Armada sponsorship is a great way to do it, and may be tax-deductible. Please contact Steven Wilson if you are interested in sponsoring the team or helping with fundraising.
Frequently Asked Questions: New to Armada and have some questions? Armada veteran and always wondered why we do something a certain way? Please check out our FAQ. If that doesn't answer your question, by all means please feel free to contact the appropriate person here.
Interested in Helping: There are always opportunities to help out Armada like fundraising, coach appreciation, team spirit activities, scholarship committee, etc., even if you are not interested in being a full-time member of the Armada board.
Interested? Contact Peter if you'd like to learn more. Thank you!!!
What is your company's corporate donation policy?
It has been brought to our attention that certain locally-based businesses donate to 501(c)(3) organizations either through matching programs or through programs that contribute money to organizations for which their employees volunteer time. Usually, the hours have to be tracked in the company's system or minimal documentation has to be completed, but that is often the only requirement.
Please find out if your company provides this benefit, and if so, please designate WBA as a recipient. Also, if your company has a public website that explains and advertises their policy, please send it to Mike Zayas and we will put a link here to make it easier on everyone.
Here are two that have been brought to our attention:
Dell: Make A Difference - Please note that in addition to matching programs, Dell volunteers with ten or more hours with any charitable organization and time tracked in the Dell online tracking system may choose a charity of their choice and Dell will make a donation.
GM: Dollars for Doers - Through Dollars for Doers, the General Motors Foundation will add to your volunteer impact by awarding a $200 donation to an eligible organization for which you have volunteered 50 or more hours within the calendar year.
HP: Employee Giving Program - Please help us keep fees low going forward, and make the best use possible of opportunities such as these.
Thank you for your help!