2018 Armada Coach Application
If you are interested in being considered for the 2018 Wells Branch Armada Coaching Staff, please click the below link to complete and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.
Junior Coach Application
Are you interested in assisting the Armada coaches with the younger age kids? If so, and you are at least 14 years old and entering high school in the fall of 2018, please apply to be a junior coach!
2018 Registration Key Points
- Online registration will open for returning Armada families on Friday, March 2nd at 12:01 a.m.
- Online registration will open for new families on Saturday, March 25th at 12:01 a.m.
- There will be an in person registration on Saturday, March 25th from 2pm – 4pm at the WB MUD Recreation Center / 3000 Shoreline Drive / Room 103 / Austin, TX 78728
- First family swimmer cost is $150.00 and any additional family swimmer(s) are $125.00 each.
- Late registration and fees start Saturday, April 8. Cost for first family swimmer on this date and after will be $175.00 for first swimmer and any additional family swimmer(s) will be $150.00 each.
- Sample team swim suits will be available to try on for sizing at the in person registration on Saturday, March 25th. Suits may be paid for and ordered at that time. Armada does not require that you purchase the team suit.
- If you order a suit when you register online, please feel free to come and try the sample suits on during the in person registration to confirm the sizing and type. Changes can be made to the suit size and type during the in person registration if needed.
- Our team suits are custom designed and made for us by FINIS. The suits will be ordered March 26th and will take approximately 6-7 weeks to be made. Our target is that the suits will be ready for swimmers to wear for the Red White and Blue practice meet on Saturday, May 19th. Please note that if you purchase the team suit your swimmer will need another suit to wear when practices start May 1st.
- Need More Information? Contact via email Peter Mielcarek at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pool Maps (Meet Information)
Pool Maps are located in the resource tab on our website. The maps notate where swimmers are dropped off, where the kids "pits" are located, the locations of the volunteer table, ready benches, concessions, swim shop, etc. Please take a look to familiarize yourself with the layout prior to Saturday. Click HERE for a shortcut!
Swim Meet Tips and Checklist
Here are a few important tips to make your swim meet experience successful:
|Be on time. At the beginning of the meet the coaches will make changes to relay events if there are swimmers that are absent or missing. It is important that swimmers check-in with their pit parent to avoid being scratched from any relay event.|
|Bring nutritious snacks. The swim meets begin very early in the morning and last until noon or later. Please pack healthy snacks for your swimmers to eat such as fresh fruit, bagels, crackers, water, sports drinks, etc. We make an attempt to offer healthy items at the concession stand.|
|Pack appropriate supplies.Towels, sunscreen, goggles, etc - See checklist below...|
|Swimmers should stay in their pit areas The Pit Parents are responsible for watching the swimmers in the pit area and getting them to the ready bench when it is time for their event. If your child is going somewhere with you, please let the pit parents know.|
|MARK EVERYTHING! Please write your child's name on ALL belongings. At the meet, there will be dozens of identical t-shirts, caps, goggles - plus similar towels, flip flips, sunscreen. Don't forget to mark any electronic games - they get mixed up!|
|2 towels||Water or sport's drinks|
|Blanket to sit on in pit area||Nutritious snacks|
|Warm clothes for after warm-up in early a.m.||Quiet activities to keep them occupied in the pit area between races|
|Goggles||Parents: Bring a chair, wear a hat, apply sunblock!|
Swim Meet Apps: MeetMobile and MeetBop
Parents with Smart Phones! There are a couple of apps that you can utilize to keep track of event times and event results. MeetBop and MeetMobile for the 2018 season.
MeetBop: A parent in the Northwest Swim Circuit developed this app to notify parents via text message of an upcoming race, in advance of when swimmers are scheduled to swim. It is free to download and since the Circuit has paid for it, it does not require a subscription. We highly recommend that you download this app if you volunteer in a position that cannot see the pool, and/or that may require wrap-up and transition to someone else prior to leaving for a moment to see your swimmer swim. MeetBop will also display official meet results for each event once completed and confirmed.
MeetMobile: This app allows you to view heat sheets, heat and lane assignments, estimated start times and real time results both individual and team. You can also flag your “favorite swimmers”. Please note that some of the features requires a “subscription fee” to utilize. The requested fee is a MeetMobile requirement and the Wells Branch Armada swim team does not benefit from the fee in any way, nor can we waive it.
Meet results are always posted on the wall behind the lifeguard stand at every meet, and also on the website once the meet is completed.
Fundraising: Please help us with fundraising by being aware of opportunities at work. Many companies have matching programs or reward employees for volunteer time. See below for more information.
Sponsors: Also, have a business you want to advertise? An Armada sponsorship is a great way to do it, and may be tax-deductible. Please contact Steven Wilson if you are interested in sponsoring the team or helping with fundraising.
Frequently Asked Questions: New to Armada and have some questions? Armada veteran and always wondered why we do something a certain way? Please check out our FAQ. If that doesn't answer your question, by all means please feel free to contact the appropriate person here.
Interested in Helping: There are always opportunities to help out Armada like fundraising, coach appreciation, team spirit activities, scholarship committee, etc., even if you are not interested in being a full-time member of the Armada board.
Interested? Contact Peter if you'd like to learn more. Thank you!!!
What is your company's corporate donation policy?
It has been brought to our attention that certain locally-based businesses donate to 501(c)(3) organizations either through matching programs or through programs that contribute money to organizations for which their employees volunteer time. Usually, the hours have to be tracked in the company's system or minimal documentation has to be completed, but that is often the only requirement.
Please find out if your company provides this benefit, and if so, please designate WBA as a recipient. Also, if your company has a public website that explains and advertises their policy, please send it to Mike Zayas and we will put a link here to make it easier on everyone.
Here are two that have been brought to our attention:
Dell: Make A Difference - Please note that in addition to matching programs, Dell volunteers with ten or more hours with any charitable organization and time tracked in the Dell online tracking system may choose a charity of their choice and Dell will make a donation.
GM: Dollars for Doers - Through Dollars for Doers, the General Motors Foundation will add to your volunteer impact by awarding a $200 donation to an eligible organization for which you have volunteered 50 or more hours within the calendar year.
HP: Employee Giving Program - Please help us keep fees low going forward, and make the best use possible of opportunities such as these.
Thank you for your help!